G. Sean Jezexperienced personal injury trial lawyer
G. Sean Jez is an experienced personal injury lawyer at the firm of Fleming | Nolen | Jez, L.L.P. Sean earned his Bachelor’s from the University of Texas and his law degree from the University of Houston Law Center. Beginning with the firm in January of 1997, Sean has helped represent thousands of individuals who have been harmed by the conduct of others. His practice areas include securities litigation, aviation accidents, product liability, mass tort and class action litigation.
Most notably, Sean led the firm’s representation of over 1,200 Enron employees and shareholders for losses they sustained as a result of the company’s collapse and was lead counsel for the firm’s work on behalf of women who developed breast cancer as a result of hormone replacement therapy. In addition, he has lead the firm’s representation of individuals who suffered injuries from defective hip and knee implants. Sean is currently heading the firm’s representation of women injured by Bayer’s permanent birth control device Essure.
As one of the most experienced trial lawyers in the firm, Sean has tried cases in various state and federal courts, including Texas, Pennsylvania, Missouri, and Florida. In addition to his trial experience, Sean has argued appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in addition to appellate courts in Texas and Louisiana. He is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and Pennsylvania. Additionally, he is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second, Fifth, Seventh, Eighth and Tenth Circuits, U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas, the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas and the District of New Mexico. Sean has also participated in federal and state court discovery and pretrial hearings in over 25 states.
Awards & Accolades
Mr. Jez was selected as:
- One of the 2013 Top 100 Trial Lawyers by The National Trial Lawyers
- One of H-Texas Magazine’s Houston’s Top Lawyers 2010, 2012 and 2013
- One of H-Texas Magazine’s Professionals on the Fast Track in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2009
- One of H-Texas Magazine’s Lawyers For The People 2008
- Recognized by Houstonia magazine as a “Top Lawyer 2013”
- Selected to the list of Texas Super Lawyers® from 2014 – 2016 and the list of Texas Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars™ in 2008 and 2009 (Super Lawyers® is a Thompson Reuters service)