Did You Suffer A Serious Injury?
Electrocution injuries can occur at any place using electricity, but they most commonly occur on work and construction sites due to the sheer amount of machinery and wiring used at those locations. While these injuries don’t happen quite as often as other construction injuries, they can cause some of the most destructive injuries.
Speak with an experienced personal injury attorney today by giving us a call at (866) 977-6671.
Electrocution injuries are often caused by someone’s negligence in marking off a hazardous area, and victims’ lives can be put at risk, or they could suffer a serious injury that causes permanent damage. Our Houston personal injury attorneys at Fleming, Nolen & Jez have handled hundreds of cases over the years, and we understand just how difficult the situation you face is. Reach out to us today to learn more about your legal options and discuss what we can do to assist you in your time of need.
Electrocution Injury Types
Electrocution injuries are broken down into four different types:
- True Electrical Injury: These injuries occur when the electricity is able to flow through one part of the victim’s body and back out through another, creating a complete electrical circuit.
- Lightning Injury: While these injuries can be caused by any low-duration, high-voltage charge, they are most commonly caused by lighting strikes. The damage caused in these injuries is generally external.
- Flame Injury: Electrical charges can set material in contact with the victim’s body, typically their clothing, on fire and cause these injuries.
- Flash Injury: Electrical injuries fall in this category when the damage is limited to the outer layers of the victim’s skin.
Common Types Of Electrocution Injuries
- Skin burns
- Muscle spasms
- Broken bones
- Muscle pain
- Lung failure
- Heart attack
- Issues swallowing, seeing and/or hearing
- Irregular or stopped heartbeat
- Issues breathing
Common Causes Of Electrocution Injuries
- Faulty machinery
- Worksite exposure
- Faulty appliances
- Exposed wiring
- High-voltage power lines
- Lightning strikes
- Small children who stick a metal object into a socket or bite down on an electrical cord
Hire Representation You Can Trust
At Fleming, Nolen & Jez, our Houston personal injury lawyers are committed to providing experienced and passionate legal representation to injured victims in order to secure them the compensation they deserve. If you suffered a serious injury due to someone else’s negligent actions, give us a call at (866) 977-6671 today to discuss your legal options with one of our firm’s lawyers or fill out our online form to start out with a free case evaluation.